Education Abroad Ambassadors!
Who are Education Abroad Ambassadors?
Education Abroad Ambassadors ("Ambassadors") are student volunteers who have returned from their education abroad experience with an interest and passion for education abroad. They are highly enthusiastic about sharing their experience and helping other students study abroad.
Talk to an Ambassador!
During the semester (when classes are in session) Ambassadors are generally available during our Drop-In Advising hours - see our homepage for our current hours. No appointment needed, just stop by!
Please note: The Ambassador's office hours listed below are for Fall 2023. All hours are subject to change. If you would like to confirm an Ambassador's availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an Ambassador!Are you a student returning from study abroad interested in becoming an Ambassador? To learn more about the program, please see below.
Ready to apply? We open applications in the summer before each academic year. Please email email@example.com for further information.
- The opportunity to help others
- Professional development experience and resume boost
- Supervisor reference (based on performance)
- Holistic reflection on your time abroad and insight into education abroad processes
- Education Abroad Ambassador shirt
- Add service hours to your volunteer transcript
- One academic year
- One mandatory training session
- One meeting per month
- Average three hours per week for advising
- Participation in University events as requested (University Fest, Homecoming, etc.)
- Binghamton University undergraduate or graduate student
- Successful participation in an education abroad program (including summer, winter, and spring break) for which Binghamton recognizes credit
- Evening and weekend availability for University events (not every weekend and with notice)
Program Objectives:Annotated Program Objectives
- Professionalism and Public Speaking
- Communication and Accountability
Program Responsibilities:(Responsibilities may vary based on office needs and cohort size)
- Be familiar with general IEGI resources, guidelines, and deadlines
- Guide students in selecting and applying for programs that match their personal goals for education abroad
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student records and information
- Communicate with IEGI staff with questions or issues that arise during the advising experience
- Complete projects in any down time during advising hours as tasked by IEGI staff
- Assist at least one hour at the Education Abroad Fair each semester
- Promote education abroad through word of mouth, social media, and other outreach
- Submit photos and information for Binghamton Abroad website and media
- Respond to student inquiries received via email and during advising
- Organize with student groups to create, advertise, and implement at least one education abroad program
- Identify new opportunities for promoting education abroad on campus
- Please email any Ambassador related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.